Monday, April 4, 2011

Celebrate good times, c'mon!*

A very quick update . . .  I got a few emails/ims this weekend asking "How did the preschool meeting go?!" and I replied "You didn't check the Facebook page, did you?" (Reminder: The Facebook page is public, so you don't have to be a member of FB to see it.)  It's just the easiest way for me to put up a mini-update, such as:  The preschool stuff is done, and went well!

There were a few moments of tension during a conference call with the school director in which we were debating whether she really needs a one-on-one aide, but it was resolved when I brought up my safety concerns (she falls, hard, and will take out other kids as she goes down.  And she has potential choking issues and can't self-feed).  So she's in the school we want, in a nice small class, with a one-on-one, and she'll be bussed, leaving me free to lounge on the couch, paint my nails and nap all day. 

We had a lovely weekend of celebrations, starting with brunch after the meeting, and including 2 evenings with babysitters.  And on Saturday I went shopping, while Maya & Dave had some quality one-on-one time, including a trip to the zoo:

Hey you polar bear!  Look, I have a polar bear too!

Today we had to cancel our morning therapies to head to the hospital for a hearing test.  (It's not under sedation or anything, that's just where they do it.)  I'm not a fan of this test--we have to battle morning traffic to get down there, and the test involves sitting perfectly still and silently while she's on my lap and has to respond to sounds.  Last time the room she got scared by how quiet the room is when the doors shut, and if she loses focus the whole thing becomes kind of pointless.  And I think her hearing is fine, but we have to go every 6 months or so anyway.  Sigh.

2 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

That's such great news. How exciting!

Tanya said...

yeah it is a weird test - how quiet it gets in that little booth. plus ours had two weird monkeys clapping their symbols to contend with. The things our little ones have to go through. Hope to see you soon, and congrats once again!!